During your first visit you can expect the following:
- Arrive at your appointment with your paperwork completed (you can download these from our website – see the Patient Forms page).
- You will provide us with your prescription for therapy.
- We will copy your insurance card.
- You will be seen for the initial evaluation by the therapist.
- Your medical history.
- Your current problems/complaints.
- Pain intensity, what aggravates and eases the problem.
- How this is impacting your daily activities or your functional limitations.
- Your goals with occupational therapy.
- Medications, tests, and procedures related to your health.
The therapist will discuss the following:
The therapist will then perform an objective evaluation and develop a customized treatment plan.